Managing a company with a large number of employees is not easy. It is necessary to monitor both, the team, as a single integral mechanism, and each individual employee.
In order for the statistics of personal effectiveness and teamwork to be reviewed regularly with final reports, the company hires a manager and a simple Checkiant time tracker helps to cope with the tasks of statistical analysis of employees. This is one of the best solutions for taking into account the time and salary of the team in large and small businesses. The boss will always have in mind the work statistics of the team and each of its individual links.
Statistics for each employee with Checkiant
The time tracker is not an indicator of the manager's distrust of his subordinates, but a method of calculating errors in the working system in order to eliminate them effectively and quickly. The application Checkiant keeps track of time and payroll for a specific time – hour, day, week, month. The work statistics are received by the manager of the department or team and the head of the company.
As a result, it's possible to calculate how much time each employee spends on a particular type of activity, whether he/she is sufficiently focused on work and whether he/she has time to finish projects in due time. So, what statistical functions does the Checkiant time tracker perform?:
- Accounting of employees' working hours. With the help of a time tracker, you can observe how each subordinate behaves in the office or at remote work during working hours. That is, how he manages the time allotted to him strictly for the performance of a professional task. It's important that the manager sees how many hours the employee devotes specifically to work, and how much time he spends on solving personal issues and rest. You can also see the processing of the most diligent "office bees".
- Labor efficiency. The program will help you see how subordinates use their working time and how productive they are during working hours. Someone who devotes only five hours to work can do twice as much as someone who works all nine hours. Open tabs on the computer for work and the visibility of activity on the desktop is not an indicator that a person is highly productive.
- Completed tasks in fact. When the head of a company signs a contract for a project, he agrees with the specific time frame allotted for its implementation. Such moments fall on the shoulders of the department manager. The time tracker will help you see who played an important role in performing the project, and who didn't cope well enough with the tasks set.
Why are statistics and reports of employees' work in a fixed format on paper or digital media so important? This is important in case of conflicts between an employee and a boss, when the former believes that he has overworked and deserves a bonus. It happens that an employee overworked for three hours one day, and underworked even more on another day. As a result, he remembers only the first one and thinks that he deserved extra pay, although in fact he didn't.
Work and efficiency statistics of the whole team with Checkiant
Teamwork is the whole art of organizing and interacting each member for the successful execution of work. It happens that a very difficult task takes a minimum of time. In order to have time to resolve it by the deadline, each employee must fulfill his role very clearly and in a timely manner, and the project manager needs to monitor how employees work in a team, who does the maximum, and who shirks responsibilities, shifting their tasks to other employees. It's impossible to notice this with the naked eye. But the statistics in the time tracker will not be deceived. Good and bad team member – Checkiant will answer this question based on such data:
- work completion time — was it possible to close the project by the specified date, when there was a decline and when the productivity indicator rose, which departments worked most efficiently if the team is divided into functional departments;
- teamwork — the integrity of the team, if it works as a well-coordinated mechanism, is very important when it comes to teamwork on a project. Time tracker allows you to analyze between the work of employees when they work separately from each other and together. The manager will be able to understand whether itєs necessary to change the approach to teamwork, whether everything is coordinated between employees and how much each of them is devoted to the cause;
- calculation of the team's remuneration for the project – it's difficult for a manager who doesn't participate in the labor process to understand how to pay for work if it was performed by several subordinates at once. You can find out how each of them used their professional time, how much was spent on collective work, if you look at the statistics on the work of the company and employees participating in the same project. The Checkiant application will calculate the salary of each of them, based on the amount of work done and the hours spent on it. Based on the information received, it will be possible to issue an invoice to the customer.
The program data indicates the key factors affecting the timing of the task.
Statistics of work for 1, 2 or more months in a team with Checkiant
In order for the work in the company to move faster and faster, and the employees don't lose their enthusiasm, the manager needs to control the team. A simple time tracker Checkiant makes it possible to keep work statistics for 1-2 months, three months, six months, and so on. The manager decides for himself how long it will be most convenient and effective to demonstrate the progress/regression of the team. The analysis is based on the results of the following data:
- Comparison of work in time intervals. What can be tracked? This is the efficiency and productivity of an employee or team on different days, for a week or several months. Various data help to build a diagram in which you can see a drop or increase in labor productivity and, accordingly, the company's income.
- Individual dynamics. You can get statistics on a specific employee (developer). The results help to identify the strongest, weakest employees and participants with average performance indicators. Different results are a reason to set different loads for each member of the team: someone can do more and they are assigned three projects a month, and one is enough for beginners.
- Group dynamics. Suitable for companies whose staff is divided into departments. It is difficult to keep track of each employee and even more difficult for the whole team. And if there are a lot of structural divisions, as it happens in corporations and large companies, then even a few managers won't be able to keep track of everyone. Group dynamics based on time tracker data will help identify the strongest and weakest teams, understand who needs to be sent to advanced training courses and make other important conclusions for the company.
An analysis of the work of the staff by time intervals – 1, 2, 3 months, six months or a year will help to competently select performers for a specific task, evaluate the time of its implementation and make plans in advance.
Work reports on a specific project/client
The activity of each employee for a specific period — ups and downs – can be traced through reports. They are lists of completed tasks, closed projects for a week, a month, etc., indicating the start and completion dates of the work.
It is possible to identify a "gap" in the team through a comparison of employee statistics. The program also gives the manager access to the personal statistics of each team member. The report contains the following information:
- getting started on the project;
- completion date;
- tasks partitioned by priority;
- the list of work done – by individual tasks.
Reports can also show comments on the execution from the employee or manager himself. These data give a complete picture of the process of doing work by an individual employee or an entire team.
Statistics on money earned with Checkiant
Situations with employees who demand a bonus for exceeding the hours worked, which is not true, happen in companies often. And this may not be due to their excessive impudence. The employee may not even realize that he/she is wrong, because somehow he worked on his legal day off or stayed after work for a few hours to finish the project. Hence the misunderstanding of why he/she is not paid extra for processing?
The detailed statistics will help to clearly show the employee what he/she is wrong about. Yes, indeed, one day the worker processed a couple of hours, but three times he came to work two hours later than the prescribed time, which amounts to a total of 6 hours, and this period exceeds the amount of processing. A reasonable question arises: what should the manager do in this case — pay extra or deduct part of the money from the salary for the unfinished hours?
For this purpose the manager should keep statistics of hours worked in the company for collective and individual work.
The tracker function "accounting for wages according to established rates" is a salvation for the manager, since misunderstandings between him/her and subordinates are excluded, there is no need to explain why the amount of wages is calculated correctly, since everything will be fixed by the time tracker.
The motivation of employees increases, because they can see how much they earned per hour, day, week of work, etc. It makes them work harder.
The boss can judge by the amount of an employee's salary with what zeal he performs his work duties, how quickly he closes projects, whether he works out the required hours or sometimes shirks work. The most hardworking employees often stay in the office or come to work on weekends and holidays, which will also be taken into account in the form of a salary increase.
If a business owner decides to spend money on introducing a time tracker into the workflow to track time and wages, he/she will only benefit. For him and the project manager, this will be the support of stable relationships in the team, constant improvement of efficiency and productivity, as well as the creation of powerful motivation and healthy competition in the team.
With the help of the Checkiant time tracker, it's possible to keep labor statistics for each employee's, team's work for 1, 2 or more months as well as wages.
How can a work team use the time-tracker Checkiant? 6 simple examples
An effective time management for developers
Top 10 factors that affect productivity