The demand in the HR manager profession is constantly growing. In 2022, according to experts on statistics, this growth will only increase. The company pays special attention to personnel management, recruitment, hiring and training of new employees. This activity requires full commitment from the HR manager.
Considering that today more and more specialists are shifting to remote work, they need programs and applications for organizing workflow outside the office. Time trackers come to the rescue, which are very useful for the work of both HR managers and the company's employees themselves.
How does the Checkiant time tracker solve the tasks of an HR manager?
The success of companies and their incomes depend on the work of office teams and remote workers. If the team is large, it's difficult for the manager to keep track of each "link". Realizing this, employees can use these circumstances for own purposes.
In order to establish productive personnel management, an HR manager is hired into the team. He is obliged to monitor every office and remote employee. His responsibilities also include the development of a concept to eliminate the detected problems and their further prevention. Such an effective method is a simple time tracker Checkiant. He becomes the chief assistant of HR manager and helps to solve the following tasks:
1. Evaluate the staff. The work of analyzing the company's employees falls on the shoulders of the HR manager. It often happens that at first glance, the manager has everything grasped, but for reasons that he doesn't understand, he constantly loses employees. It's important to understand why another employee leaves every three months. It's not so scary if the person who quit was a mediocre specialist, but it's not profitable to lose professionals, since they bring income and motivate other team members by a positive example. The HR management strategy includes the analysis and evaluation of employees — working in the office, remote and retired. Why is it important to consider even those candidates who have already left? Competencies, work results, the time they devoted to their work and the speed of solving professional tasks – all this provides data for compiling an objective portrait of an employee. Based on it, we can conclude: did the manager do everything correctly or did he not motivate his subordinates well enough. Personnel evaluation is an opportunity for an objective analysis of employees without generalizing "I like this one, but this one is not very good."
2. Motivate the staff. After the weaknesses and strengths are identified, you can begin to "patch up" the gaps in the labor organization system. This is a difficult task for the HR manager, since it depends on whether the labor losses will continue or stop. A specialist, for example, performs the duties of an accountant. The HR manager needs to understand whether the employee receives the promised salary, whether it happens exactly at the right time and whether he has additional bonuses for processing on weekends or holidays. The time tracker will allow you to check the salary of employees hourly or by day, as well as the wages of remote workers. If it is small, it's not necessary to raise it, since you can always introduce an additional bonus system and encourage the employee. In order to create an effective strategy to increase motivation in the team, it's necessary to analyze the productivity of each of its participants and the team as a whole, to compile employee ratings. As a result, it's possible to form a cost-effective incentive system in order to satisfy the needs of workers and not undermine the financial position of the company.
3. Control. It's more difficult to keep track of projects that are carried out by several subordinates at once. Using the time tracker Checkiant will allow you to control the company's staff openly or secretly. During the installation of the program on the personnel officer's computer, the appropriate mode is selected. If you set up "surveillance" openly, the motivation of the staff increases, the work is done faster, more efficiently and better. But there is also a minus: there is also a negative in the team, since no one likes to be constantly monitored. As for the hidden control, it is useful for problematic subordinates. The manager uses this function to dismiss doubts or confirm concerns about a particular employee.
A productive approach to personnel management is a combination of evaluation/analysis, motivation and control of the enterprise team.
Maintaining staff work statistics
Modern personnel management and its methods facilitate the work of a manager by providing tools for tracking, monitoring, analyzing work and its productivity/efficiency/profitability for the organization. The time tracker gives you everything you need for this, namely:
- automatic accounting of working hours is the best approach of the manager to establish an effective system in the enterprise. What you can see: when each employee starts and finishes the working day, the workflow directly at the computer, as well as leaving before the scheduled time or being late in the morning, absence from the workplace and the hours when this happened, the actual number of working hours;
- tracking programs running on a PC — this approach is especially effective in "spying" on problematic team members, about whom the manager suspects that they are doing personal business behind the monitor – watching videos on Youtube, checking social networks, posting photos on Instagram, personal mail. The tracker will help you track which tabs, websites, applications, programs and more have been opened on each computer;
- options for analyzing offline processes are new technologies for personnel management through a time tracker, with which you can keep records of meetings as well as breaks. The manager manages to keep track of what subordinates do when they are not behind the PC screen: do they spend these hours productively or do they spend time on themselves and their needs;
- screenshots are the official proof of whether an employee is fulfilling his duties or shirking them. Modern technology for creating desktop screenshots and webcam photos gives an idea of what is happening in the office when no one is watching the workers, as well as to make sure that an online meeting has been held.
Management is the control of activities of the entire staff of the team: the boss, office and remote workers. In order to establish the workflow organization processes, it's necessary to direct the boss and check the employees in order to calculate the "weak links", leaving only reliable participants in the team.
The personnel management process is beneficial for the manager, wherever he/she is: in the office, at home, on a business trip. The administration will be able to regularly receive statistical information for the day, week, month of work and conduct analytics regarding the work of a particular team member, as well as the increase or decrease in the company's income during this time.
The tips of effective personnel management
The effectiveness of personnel management includes not only the skills of a manager and useful programs for monitoring the work of the team. To achieve the highest indicator, it's important to keep up with the times and use trending tools, programs, and HR tips. In the coming year all managers should take note:
1. Expansion of the gig economy. This means that it's not necessary to hire people for a permanent job in the organization, it's better to invite different performers to perform short-term projects. This is beneficial, because for each task a specialist will be hired who is well-versed in the question posed to him. He will perform the task, receive a salary and move on. You can also extend cooperation with him if he is a valuable cadre. Most often, such specialists are transferred to a remote location, which is beneficial to both the manager and the new employee.
2. Professional development. It is worth thinking about not wasting the time and resources of the enterprise in search of new talents, but nurturing them from existing applicants. High-quality personnel development management includes constant motivation of group members for self-development, completion of advanced training courses and acquisition of new knowledge, skills, and abilities.
3. Health care. During the pandemic, many employees go to the office with apprehension. Due to stress and constant negative thoughts, they cannot concentrate on professional tasks. To increase productivity, it's important to get rid of their worries. To do this, we need to offer them something more than protection against coronavirus. These can be expanded opportunities for voluntary health insurance, free lunches, prepared according to the scheme of proper nutrition, free classes in the gym.
4. Strengthening engagement and positive attitude. In order to increase engagement and enhance the feeling of joy, it's possible to introduce into professional activities events of social significance aimed at improving the environment or for charity purposes. The realization that a person makes this world a better place increases the level of happiness and creates a sense of contentment. This directly affects the workflow.
5. Automation of boring processes of the same type. At first, every employee has a scrupulous attitude to the performance of official duties. But over time, when things repeat from day to day, it changes for the worse. In order to return the employee's involvement, it's necessary to free him from routine processes, entrusting them to machines. Today it's possible to automate some of the processes. Chatbots have long been introduced in 70% of European companies, which send out letters, issue documents and certificates, answer customer questions that are constantly repeated, and form a list of contacts.
6. Realistic goals. It depresses a person if he is required to perform super-tasks. There is a constant stress from understanding that it is possible not to satisfy the requests of higher management. It's necessary to maintain a favorable atmosphere in the team, minimize the feeling of fear and anxiety. It's simply necessary to set achievable tasks for employees. This doesn't mean easy, but achievable.
The main goals of personnel management are to INCREASE: employee productivity indicators, as well as the organization's income. If these indicators are constantly growing, the manager will be satisfied. The boss is satisfied — harmony and understanding will reign in the company! A time tracker Checkiant, when used correctly, can change the attitude of team members to the fulfillment of tasks, increase engagement, and show a direct relationship between work and salary. Another goal of the tracker is to develop mutual understanding between office workers and those who work remotely.
It's not difficult to maintain staff motivation management in the office if you use a proven time tracker Checkiant.
Business development depends on the quality of work of employees gathered in one team, their communication and other interactions.
Business will flourish if the HR manager is able to evaluate the team, motivate and control its members at every stage of work, as well as in the office, at home, on a business trip.
The main feature of doing business in the company is the maintenance of analytics and regular provision of statistical information to the authorities. These processes can be easily automated using the Checkiant time tracker.
Trending tools and tips for 2022 will help manage personnel. Expanding the gig economy, improving the skills of employees, automating labor processes are the secrets of success in a business based on working with large groups of people.