Does mornings become less and less good every day? After work, you only have the strength to go to bed, but you can 't sleep? Can you lose your temper in seconds? It may just have been a busy week, but if the symptoms have lingered, there is a chance that you have chronic fatigue syndrome.
This disease is often characterized by psychological and physical exhaustion of the body, as well as loss of vitality and concentration. It is important to distinguish the desire to lie on the couch all day because еyou were tired from chronic fatigue syndrome. After all, in the first case you will not feeling sleepy and unwell after a while, then in the second, the feeling of exhaustion can haunt you for a long time.
Symptoms of chronic fatigue
"Tired of being tired” is one of the most successful descriptions of people suffering from this syndrome. In addition, experts highlight such symptoms of chronic fatigue:
- Insomnia at night and drowsiness during the day
- Excessive aggression
- Memory problem
- Migrating pain in muscles and joints
This disease can affect both adults and children. Chronic fatigue syndrome among women is 3 times more common than among men. But this doesn't mean that the strong half of humanity is not familiar with this feeling at all. For example, in 2018, Elon Musk (the founder of SpaceX, PayPal, Neuralink, and the Boring Company) felt the negative impact of chronic fatigue syndrome due to the huge employment at his enterprises.
The main causes of chronic fatigue syndrome
- Prolonged stress. Stress is the reaction of our body to external extreme factors. During this process, the body's defense mechanisms are simultaneously activated. Because of the adrenaline rush, the heartbeat and breathing quickens, and sweating increases. Thus, our body understands that it is time to "save". Some researchers assume that short-term stress can be useful. We do physical exercises to keep the body in good shape. So the brain needs "trainings", too. But when stress becomes an integral part of every day you live, subsequently, chronic fatigue may occur.
- Pernicious habits. We all know about the negative effects of alcohol and cigarettes on our body. They cause many diseases. Chronic fatigue syndrome is no exception. After all, alcohol and nicotine do not help you relax, but cause even more fatigue.
- Diseases and weakened immune system. If the disease is going “on your feet”, the probability of recovering faster just decreases. But weakness and malaise increase, which can cause chronic fatigue in the future. Then, antiviral and bed rest will hardly help.
- Emotional stress. During stress, a large number of emotions, especially negative ones, are harmful to both our nervous system and the body as a whole. Conflicts with superiors or quarrels with relatives only aggravate the situation. Especially if this behavior is already a habit. After all, it will take much more effort and energy to recover than to remain silent at a critical moment or completely change the attitude to the situation.
- Overtimes. Working overtime only partially benefit your company. And you do for yourself the global harm. After all, staying at work late increases your chances of burnout. This is one of the precursors of chronic fatigue.
- Adverse working conditions. Chronic fatigue at work can be caused by many factors. Too small room, insufficient lighting and an unhealthy atmosphere in the team - all this affects both your productivity and mood. After all, the environment in which you work may affects the development of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Lack of oxygen. This item applies not only to walking in the fresh air, but also the lack of oxygen in the room. An excess of carbon dioxide in the office or room leads to a decrease in concentration, as well as increased fatigue.
- Ignoring the time management. Without a clear schedule for completing tasks, we are rushing from one task to another, losing concentration. And restoring it, we spend a lot of our own efforts. As a result, we get more tired and it bring ourselves closer to the chronic fatigue syndrome. Using the simple and convenient Checkiant time tracker, you can better organize your work and free time and know exactly how much time to devote to completing certain tasks.
Despite the mentioned reasons for this syndrome, there are many ways to overcome chronic fatigue. Sleep 7-9 hours a day, proper nutrition, walking in the fresh air, and the ability to manage your time are some of the most effective ways to overcome chronic fatigue. Also, it is important to take care of getting pleasure from your own work. After all, happiness in the workplace depends on many factors.
You can always get rid of overwork with the help of competent management of your own time. And by doing this with Checkiant, chronic fatigue syndrome will not appear in your life.
Time traps and how to fight them
How can a work team use the time-tracker Checkiant? 6 simple examples