A while ago, we used to get up early, have a quick breakfast and run to work at 9:00 a.m. so that we don't have to be late. Now, distant work is becoming more and more popular. It is easy to find a remote work, so everybody can try themselves as a remote worker. Checkiant will make this experience more comfortable and simple. Everyone can highlight the pros and cons of remote work, but we are confident: time tracker Checkiant - one of the best services for team time-tracking and accounting of working time of both office employees and employees outside the office.
Remote work: a trand that continiues to evolve
The first Association with the words "remote work" is outsourcing. The second-programmers. The largest percentage of people working remotely perform the tasks of foreign clients-large firms and individuals. mostly there are vacancies for representatives of the it industry, but almost everyone who can work at home can find an interesting freelance project. Remote workers feel they are more productive and happier than their colleagues in the office. They can more effectively use the hours of greater brain productivity. Therefore, it is not surprising that the number of those who perform work remotely is increasing.
Remote work: common misconceptions
With the emergence of new technologies, we have become many opportunities for personal development and comfortable working conditions. The Internet is full of job offers and job-seekers, but sometimes employers and employees can't find each other. Why does this happen? People who got used to the standard format of work are afraid to look for a job online. They have unpleasant experience with attractive ads that talk about a part-time employment and a good salary, but in fact it is just a trick to get their money. So, they prefer traditional working process. However, there are reliable resources, proven employers - just keep looking for them. The easiest way to find a job is freelance job sites. There is an opinion for any worker. In fact, anybody can become a freelancer nowadays, the main thing is to have access to the Internet and to stay in touch with the customer. By registering on such a website, you can offer your services or publish tasks to perform, and, congratulations, you already belong to the freelance club. Even teachers and other more "traditional" professionals can work remotely. Previously, only simple tasks were offered remotely and, accordingly, they were badly paid. Now even an office worker who has a stable workloads and income can work remotely. When a company offers such a form of employment, you can get a comfortable workplace and still feel confident in your employer. Accordingly, it all depends only on you - if you fulfill your tasks and develop your skills in good faith, the manager will offer you new opportunities.
Remote work: pros and cons
Like each activity, remote work has its own peculiarities, which can be advantages or disadvantages for each employee.
In general, we can highlight the following advantages of remote work:
1. Saving time and money on the journey from home to the office and back - something that attracts remote employees the most. They can wake up later, make breakfast, get comfortable and get ready for the work while others are in traffic jams. You can guess that due to the good mood remote workers will be more efficient.
2. Free schedule. The employee determines his or her own working schedule, can plan the time so that he or she can keep up with the family, hobbies, rest and work. If you work remotely, you can easily combine work with all the things you need to do during the day. For example, go to the gym, to an interesting course or, if you are a student, to an important lecture.
3. The employee can choose a form of employment: if workers have a lot of time to work, they can be hired to a stationary work. Otherwise, if they have a lack of free time or live far from the office, they can get a remote work.
4. Remote work is suitable for people with disabilities, because they do not have to go to the office and their workplace can be comfortable and adapted to their needs and.
5. High mobility. All you need for a work is a gadget with the Internet access. You can work at home, on the street or even in another country. A very popular type of remote work is taking orders from foreign customers.
6. Unlimited choice of workspace. Different people need different working environment. Someone likes to work in the office and communicate with colleagues during the working day. Others prefer silence and coziness, so they work remotely and choose the workplace: at home, in a cafe, at a library. You can also try co-working, a special model for organizing the work of remote workers, including freelancers.
Despite many advantages, there are some disadvantages of remote work:
1. This type of activity implies a self-discipline and responsibility from the worker.
2. The employee should be able to concentrate on the task and perform it clearly and qualitatively. If there is no suitable atmosphere at home, something distracts all the time, and children need attention - you can try to work remotely, using co-working. Some people go to libraries or cafes to get ready for work and feel the working atmosphere.
3. For freelancers, this form of employment is not stable, because not always after the end of the current project they receive a new order. In addition, each client is a new strange personand there is a risk of being left without pay for work.
4. The lack of a team. Often a person during the work faces new problems and has to solve them on their own that can take a lot of time. And when you work in the office, there is a colleague who has dealt with such problems and can suggest some ways to solve them.
Checkiant time-tracker records the working hours of remote employees
More and more people are offering their services in the Internet in order to have an additional income. Customers value the quality and speed of their work and it does not depend on their place of work. Customers and employees agree on the form of cooperation and every part gets what it needs. In the format of remote work, the employer wants to monitor the process of task implementation, receiving reports on the work done and resources spent. In order to make it easy and comfortable, you can use Checkiant time-tracker. For an employee who works remotely, Checkiant allows to conveniently track the time spent on the tasks - you just need to start the timer at the beginning of the working day and turn it off after the end of the work. Employees can write comments for each hour, mark the small completed tasks and immediately see their earnings. Using reports in Checkiant, you can control yourself: how much time is spent on a particular task, project, client. The system automatically generates weekly and monthly reports on the work done and the money earned, which is received by the employee and the employer, and it provides transparency of business relations at a distance. We offer you to view with 6 examples of using time tracker Checkiant in the company.
Remote work: benefits for business
A company that offers its employees the opportunity to work remotely will be ahead of its competitors.:
1. Attraction of employees. A lot of valuable personnel leave the company because the working day cannot be coordinated with their personal regimes. Employees appreciate the opportunity to work remotely when they have a trip, a dentist visit or a foreign language course.
2. Reduced costs. The owner of a company whose employees work remotely saves a lot on rent, utilities, equipment, workstations and other monthly expenses that keep the office in good condition.
3. Having employees of different ranks. A company that is willing to pay for the work of a remote employee can afford to hire a specialist from another city or country, or can take a student on an internship for part-time employment.
Thus, in the remote work of a freelancer there are many advantages for both the employee and the employer's company. And the use of the time tracker Checkiant will make working relationships transparent and will bring confidence and clarity in the calculation of time and finances for the work.