Employee monitoring is the best measure for optimizing the workflow, increasing the motivation of subordinates and improving work efficiency.
1. Remote work
More and more employees of Internet professions of different companies are switching to remote work. According to WWR (We Work Remotely – the largest community of people working remotely), the number of remote jobs grows annually by an average of 30%. This format is beneficial not only for the employee himself, but also for the company, where the management introduces a "flexible schedule" into the working system. To be able to continue to monitor the work of their employees even outside the office, managers often implements a personnel monitoring system — a program to track the level of efficiency of the workflow.
For an office employee, this mode is also effective, as it allows to monitor own work and control the performance of direct functional duties. This will not allow you to be distracted by extraneous actions, and helps you to be focused only on work.
Monitoring of personnel and accounting of earned money with Checkiant
Simple time tracker Checkiant is a program for monitoring, analyzing and evaluating the performance of work tasks by employees. And also for calculating earnings based on the established hourly rate. With the help of the app, you can track the hours that were spent both by an individual and by the entire team on each project or task. The manager also sees who is now working, and who is not; how much time per day and on what projects.
If the team employs a large number of office workers, some of whom have gone to a remote format of work, the manager has a hard time. The most difficult thing is to monitor each of them in order to prevent absenteeism, shirking off work or, banal, human laziness, when instead of performing professional tasks, the employee is in social networks or watches videos on YouTube. The real salvation for every boss and project manager is the personnel monitoring system. For example, the multi-functional time tracker Checkiant have such main functions:
- the same working conditions for office and remote employees thanks to time tracking;
- analysis of the working time of each employee and the entire team – workload and shortcomings, violation of labor discipline.
- tracking earnings and working hours by each employee;
- analysis of the effectiveness of work on projects and clients, reports creation;
- calculation of wages.
The main advantages of the Checkiant time tracker, in addition to its functionality, are the ability to synchronize in different browsers on different types of devices, as well as support for three languages — English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Calculation of salary by hourly rates
Hourly pay is one of the best motivations for an employee. Here the psychological factor plays a main role, because a person is more motivated when he sees the results of his work immediately after the task completion. The employee feels a surge of energy and feels that he is able to influence his income and change it in the direction of increase. For such cases, computer monitoring is an ideal solution for both an office and a remote subordinate.
Calculating wages and keeping track of the time of your employees are important tasks for every manager. This helps to identify the weakest subordinate who pulls the team down, as well as to increase the productivity and income of the company. A tracker for calculating the salary of subordinates will help you easily cope with payroll calculation. It will automatically calculate the salary based on hourly rates. There is no doubt that the payment will be charged only for useful hours of work, since the tracked time is multiplied by the hourly rate. The employee sees at any given time how much time he has worked and earned money.
Basic monitoring rules
In order to effectively manage the staff using a time tracker, the manager needs to establish a hierarchy in the team, understand the seven basic principles of monitoring – transparency, predictability, invisibility, consistency, effectiveness, efficiency and objectivity, as well as follow the simple management rules:
- track the working hours of each employee for a specific period — day, week, month;
- consider employees' personal information;
- use methods to increase the productivity of team members working in the office and remotely;
- introduce a program for accounting worktime and salary, which will eliminate overtime, defects and hack work;
- apply methods to increase team spirit, motivation – in addition to tracking work activity, you can think of a reward system for the best employees.
The main purpose of personnel monitoring is to direct employees to meaningful use of working time in order to increase the company's profit.
Objectives of personnel monitoring
Staff worktime monitoring is an effective tool for monitoring the activities of employees and how they manage their working hours. Such integration into the company's structure acts as an impetus for its growth and development.
To a greater extent, the company and its revenues are held on the shoulders of office titans. If they shirk their duties, this fortress will not last long. That's why the procedures for analyzing and predicting the situation in the offices were developed. This is the main purpose of monitoring. But it's not the only one. Other goals include:
1. Control over labor discipline. Each organization has its own set of rules of conduct and requirements for employees. And everyone must strictly observe them. This is the labor discipline. Despite the strict rules, many employees don't consider it necessary to adhere to them. To prevent a "ship riot", manager can use staff monitoring and tracking. Violations of labor discipline include absenteeism, embezzlement of the company's financial resources, constant lateness to work, premature departure home, direct failure to fulfill their duties. To prevent all these, it's necessary to use the "carrot -and-stick" approach: for good work and good behavior — to encourage, and for misdemeanors to appoint an appropriate measure of punishment — a remark, reprimand, fine, dismissal.
2. Eliminating staff workload. This happens when only one employee leaves the team, productivity drops significantly and projects freeze in place. The manager can't understand this situation. After all, almost the entire team is working, everyone remained in their places, except for one who left, why is the work not going on?! It's all about the wrong allocation of responsibilities in the team, when one person takes over most of the project, in fact, hoisting the entire team on it's shoulders. The time tracker will allow the manager to find out who this hard worker is and who is noticeably shirking work, after which he will be able to distribute tasks among all employees.
3. Notification to responsible persons. One of the main features that gives monitoring of office workers is tracking employees who often violate the already mentioned labor code of rules. The time tracking program will indicate those who are late for work, don't work out the hours assigned to them, leave the office ahead of time, or are absent in the middle of the working day without warning and an important reason.
4. Analysis of the effectiveness of each employee. The correct performance assessment will allow the manager to find out the potential level of the most valuable resource of his company — the team. Without this data, it's not recommended to make any managerial and organizational decisions. Time and salary tracking programs help to encourage employees to perform their tasks in a high-quality manner, as well as to analyze the potential of each of them.
5. Objective bonuses. Each employee has a certain level of productivity and efficiency. If the salary is calculated depending on the volume and complexity of the performed work, then the bonus can also not be the same for all members of the team. The application for time tracking will help you find out the how to properly distribute the bonuses among employees.
The Checkiant program is a successful solution for owners of medium and large businesses, senior managers who manage the activities of a remote or office team, HR specialists and employees themselves in order to maintain and strengthen self-discipline.
Tips for implementing monitoring – how not to cross the line
Personnel monitoring is an effective tool for strengthening corporate discipline, increasing productivity and increasing the company's revenue.
It sounds optimistic and rosy, but not every employee perceives such an innovation in their workplace with such enthusiasm. What to do so that the employee doesn't feel himself in a cage and doesn't think about dismissal? It's best to use such motivational techniques:
- awarding — it can be a photo on the roll of honor of the best employee of the month or a cash award;
- competition — if you set a scale of productivity, employees will try their best not to be at the bottom, but, on the contrary, to be in the top three and get a pleasant reward ;
- flexible working schedule — a freedom for office employees, when they can independently determine the hours of their work and rest.
Harmony in the control of staff and their incentives is an important criterion that determines the mood of the team, creates a healthy atmosphere in the office, which affects the efficiency of project implementation and increases the company's profits, and a simple and convenient time tracker Checkiant will facilitate this task.